Why do poseballs sometimes not appear.

Vaase

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've noticed that sometimes on my property, for varied types of furniture- The poseballs will sometimes be invisible as in there is an animation selected, the poseballs just aren't visible I was wondering why this is, and how you can fix it. The only way I've been able to fix it, is to re-log. After re-logging they are visible 

Vaase wrote:

I've noticed that sometimes on my property, for varied types of furniture- The poseballs will sometimes be invisible as in there is an animation selected, the poseballs just aren't visible I was wondering why this is, and how you can fix it. The only way I've been able to fix it, is to re-log. After re-logging they are visible 

Some poseballs use a building trick to give them a semi-transparent look which doesn't always show up when they're first rezzed. I find that with those balls zooming out and then back in or changing the pose to a different one will make them appear.

With a commonly used system (MLP), when a poseball is being used, it turns invisible and really tiny - as tiny as it's possible for a prim to be. When the avatar gets off it, it turns visible and normal size. That's how it should work, but there are times when it gets wrong. So it's possible that your problem is that the poseballs are there but invisible and verytiny. Such a poseball can be found by pressing ctrl-alt-t to show invisible stuff, and zooming in to where it should, but resetting the system is probably quicker. Or, before that, get the furniture's menu up and click whatever button STOPs the animation. In the system I'm thinking of, the kills the poseballs. Then select an animation to rez them again. That may have nothing to do with your problem but you could try them as an alternative to relogging.

The other possibility is that some things simply don't rezz for you sometimes. It happens. You can't really right or left click a one-prim poseball to cause it to rez, because where is it?.Perhaps a rebake might fix it.

If relogging fixes the problem for you, then it indicates network issues on your end.

Any time an object is modified in SL, it happens on the server first, and then that update must be streamed over the internet to all viewers in the region. It sounds like the update-packet failed to reach your viewer, so it never knew the poseball had changed to be visible. In effect, you were out of sync with the SL servers.

Relogging is one way to fix it, but that's overkill. In this case, selecting the object in edit mode is often enough to refresh it and get back in sync.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.