I am seeing a message on items I own that say simulator won't let you return this? not my land.

MaryRosella

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3685 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

A club owner has had a falling out with  a friend and he landscaped the entire venue with many of HIS items, most of them are not copy items. She banned him and is keeping his items and refuses to return them. I have his perms and have been able to return some of the items, but a few give me a message that says the "simulator will not allow". They are still owned by him. What does this mean? Also, is there an alternative to this method of getting items owned sent back in these situations? LL has been called and abuse reports filed daily. He does NOT care about being banned, he just wants owner to send his items back. thank you.

6 answers to this question

MaryRosella wrote:

A club owner has had a falling out with  a friend and he landscaped the entire venue with many of HIS items, most of them are not copy items. She banned him and is keeping his items and refuses to return them. I have his perms and have been able to return some of the items, but a few give me a message that says the "simulator will not allow". They are still owned by him. What does this mean? Also, is there an alternative to this method of getting items owned sent back in these situations? LL has been called and abuse reports filed daily. He does NOT care about being banned, he just wants owner to send his items back. thank you.

Linden Lab are unlikely to get involved in this, because its a resident to resident dispute and fall-outs happen front time to time, so unfortunately I feel he will probably have to write off those items he is losing.

You are at least helping to get some of his things back for him, however, I hope this will not mar your friendship with the club owner, as if she realises you've been returning his stuff, she might well turn on you. If you are still friends with the club owner, it might have been better for you to calmly discuss the situation and persuade her to return the items to your friend.

I do not envy your situation, and wish you luck.

• Like 1

Thank you for your answer and insight. I still would like to know what that message means? I have seen it before. I think it mentions that we don't have perms to take or return the item from the simulator, even though the land owner does not own the item.

I think Maddie may be right with her comment - if the items belong to your friend, and the simulator is just not letting them go it could be because of the inventory maintenance issue, or it could be something that will be fixed when the sim is next restarted.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3685 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.