My avatar not load and it's all too slow to load

KEL Lowey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

How did you test your Internet? Speedtest? Watching a movie? The best is to open the viewer and open the statistics bar. Even everything seems to run fine, you can't see how reliable the connection is. To open the statistics bar, hit ctrl + shift + 1 and look for Ping Sim and Packetloss. Is Ping Sim much more than 300 ms and Packet Loss more than 3%, theres something fishy for sure. In any case I would try at first to restart the modem/router and try again. After that I would see, if the antivirus is making issues, also firewall. It could be also some part at the ISP end. Natales has a good blog entry, she might provide the link to it, I can't find it now and don't have it bookmarked here;)

There are numerious reasons for the problem you have.

First, a good Internet connection does not mean you have a good connection to Second Life's servers. So, as Lindal Kidd directed you, read the Connection Troubleshooting Steps. That is guide is written specifically for SL and will help you figure out if the slow down is your computer, your connection to SL, or whether the SL servers are the problem.

Also, whenever you ask a tech question include information about your computer and viewer. If the viewer will at least show the login screen, get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. Help->About... provides all the version numbers we need.  To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

It also helps to know if you are using a laptop or a desktop and a wired or wireless connection between the computer and gateway and/or between the gateway and ISP. T-Mobile and other ISP’s use a wireless system to connect to you.

Without information all we can do is guess. That means you have to try all our bad guesses and eliminate them one by one. This is easier for all of us, if you give us good information to start with.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.