I need to make my avatar have its left arm missing

gabbyjaws

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

The standard issue SL avatar has only one arm.  It's mirrored so that the same arm serves as your left and your right, so there's no way that you can texture one arm without doing the same to the other arm. People wear attachments (mesh or prim) on one arm to make it look like a prosthesis or to add clothing frills like epaulets and shoulder cords.  You used to be able to wear an "invisiprim" that would make a portion of your body disappear -- commonly avatar feet, but also the occasional hand or arm -- but that hack was made obsolete a couple of years ago when avatar alpha layers were introduced.  Unfortunately, an alpha layer also applies like any other system texture -- both arms at once.  The only way to get the effect you are looking for is to use a custom mesh avatar that actually has two arms.

• Like 2

1arm_002.png

like this? It looks like my bracelet is floating but it is on my left arm.  you can do a one arm affect or hide just about any body part you want  with the 2.0 Avatar.  you can buy it here http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Peaceful%20Haven/127/155/2004 or buy it on SL market place

look for the big white building in the middle of the mall.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.