Is there any way to access through IPads?

Cita7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3504 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hey I created an account for Second Life through my IPad but when I want to enter it tells me to download the windows, Mac or Linux version,msomething like that. Is there any way to play through IPads? When I clicked on Mac version download, it showed an Edmodo emoticon and the options to download in another app but when I clicked nothing happened. Any way to help? I really want to get in!

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

You can have a text-client with a little map to show where you are or others, TP around, look up your inventory and chat in IM or group or open. But there is no way to see yourself or buildings or others on that.

Or you can use the new streaming thing, cost around 10 US$ a month. They render and then stream the pictures to your client.

First would be ok to chat or check IMs and reply to, sort your inventory is a pain in the a....

Second, i don´t know how good that works on tablets or whatever because the amount of data is still massive.

Monti

Hi Cita,

To further flesh out Monti's response...

There is a poorly rated app in the App Store called Pocket Metaverse Pro that gives you very, very limited access to SL. I believe you can chat, IM, get static views, TP and do some limited inventory manipulations.

Monti also alluded to SLGo, a service of OnLive that runs the SL Viewer on a server and streams the video to a mobile device. Unfortunately that is not (yet, if ever) available for iOS devices. You can put yourself on a list to be notified if they ever do make it work on iOS here.

Unfortunately, you'll need a Mac, PC or Android device with SLGo to really experience SL.

Good luck!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3504 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.