[Answered]

PlayboyBunneh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Hi Playboy (or Bunneh? ;-),

Because the TOS is effectively a contract between the account holder and Linden Lab, it's not legal for two people to share it, nor for one person to transfer it to another. When you clicked "Agree" to the TOS upon logging-in to SL, you "signed" the contract. Of course there's no way for Linden Lab to actually know who "you" are. As Yogi Berra so sagely observed:

"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."

It's easy to create another account, so either you or your girlfriend could do so, and then develop separate personas. It's also easy to avoid detection for doing as you're currently doing, though outing yourself didn't help!

I've explained my tenuous understanding of the legalities. I'll leave you do work though the morality. I'm quite occupied working through my own.

;-).

• Like 2

As far as s Linden Lab I concerned, there is only one owner of your account.  As Abigail says, that's whoever entered her name and birth date when you created the account. There's nothing to stop you from letting someone else use your login information (although it's not very smart for security reasons), but the account owner will always be the one who is legally responsible for it. What the TOS says is that you cannot make someone else legally responsible. Your account is not transferable.  If you give or sell the account to someone else without the lab's written permission, they will cancel the account and probably ban you from SL.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.