how do appear as off line if someone searches for me. regardless if I am on or not.

myelf66128

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

You cannot hide whether you are on line or not.  If you check the Preference setting that says "Only Friends Can See me On Line", that helps, but anyone who is a member of the same group you are in can always tell by simply looking at the group's profile page.  Not only that, but anyone with beginner-level knowledge of LSL scripting can write a program to find out.  In fact, anyone can go to Marketplace and buy a simple device that will tell them that.  The only way to hide is to log in as a totally unknown alt and then never visit any of the places or join the same groups as your main av, so that your friends will not be able to guess who you are.

--||-
  • Like 4

Elf,

I'm going to answer this from another POV. 

Don't play the victim. Do what you need to do to minimize running into your ex. You can Block communication from your ex's avatar account.  You can de-friend your ex. You can ban/mute your ex from your own parcel. Other than these steps, don't waste your time worrying about this person. They are only an ex.

You and your friends certainly will be able to enjoy Second Life together. If you have favorite clubs feel free to continue to enjoy them. If you took the steps above you won't even see your ex. You and your friends represent a group that support each other. If your ex starts to bother any of your friends they will likewise ban & mute the annoying avatar account.

If your ex does anything annoying in a public place like a club, don't even acknowledge them. I've seen plenty of "ex's" banned from clubs for acting out in public.

Ex's have a way of getting bored when the subject of their interest ignores them.

Carry on... :D

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.