Griefer Keeps Following Me

AubyChan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3534 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm tired of this happening. I've just recently returned to SL after being away for a few years and I'm already being attacked by a griefer. Not exactly the welcome I was hoping for but then again, I'm not surprised. This particular person somehow knows exactly where I am location wise (I guess they use a tracker of some sort to do so) and send me flying without being able to get down. I actually just encountered one of these attacks a few minutes ago and I had a friend with me who was just trying out the game. Well let's just say she wont be returning any time soon. So you can imagine how embarrassed I was. I read somewhere that this can be avoided by sitting on something but that's a bit difficult when you're being sucked into the sky. Yes, I've tried reporting this person, nothing has happened obviously, is there anything other solution I can try?

3 answers to this question

First, if you have a tracking device on you, remove it.  It should be fairly easy to find.  Just open your inventory and type (WORN without the right parenthesis to get a full list of the things you are wearing.  Take off anything that you don't recognize, especially anything that you have been given recently.

Then, don't hang around those places where you have encountered this jerk before.  He doesn't need a tracking device to figure out where you like to hang out.  SL is a big place.  Find a new place to enjoy it.

If you do encounter someone like this again, remain as calm as you can. Sit on anything.  Gather information that will make an Abuse Report useful.  Take photos.  Teleport somewhere else -- your home location, for example.

• Like 4

AubyChan,

There are only a few ways to "track" someone in SL.

• They're on your Friends list and you have checked the "Allow Friend to find me on Map" box by their name.
  • You routinely log in to the same place.  Even if they are not there at that moment, they may have placed an object there that tells them who has arrived.
  • You are wearing an item that sends information to the person stalking you.  This is very often a collar, especially if you have a third party viewer and have enabled RLV.
  • They know the places you frequent, and check them often to see if you are there.

There is no device that anyone can wear that will track you from their end, but it is very easy to simply know when anyone is on line...just not where they are, exactly.  That takes one of the above methods.

• Like 3

hi

first you can try reporting the attacks

ahhh, thats no good, I have, and the attacks just go on.

best to try differend sims

away from the sims that the grifers are using

being orbited off game is normal

lindens appear helpless, and can not even stop racist attacks on new comer.

your best options are to stay away from the sim where you are attack or

if you do take things of people, stop doing that, its how grifers pass objects to there victoms.

click on your avatar and pick detach all

this will remore all objects from you that you are wearing.

you will have to reload the hair and shoes and maybe the shape and hair base.

open the SL search

Control and F

type into it

Help at Caledon

there a avatar safey classes there

go and check it out

its a good start to the game if you are being grifed.

good luck hope you do get to enjoy SL

byee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3534 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.