Voice Ball

Cerebrogasm

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2714 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

I notice my avatar has a the white, hovering, "voice ball" floating over his/my head. I've turned off the settings to activate live voice speaking - but the ball is still floating there.

Can you tell me how to shut off that icon - as well as be sure I'm not unknowingly transmitting audio through my computer's microphone or the attached microphone (I use for RL music composition with Apple's Logic Pro X)?

Thank you!!

James

If you are still using Firestorm, open preferences (CTRL+P) and in Sound & Media>Voice uncheck the top option to disable voice. With that disabled it will deactivate voice completely so you cannot hear or speak. 

If you just want to be able to hear but not show the dot then on that same tab just disable the option to 'show voice visualizers over avatars' and make sure the voice Toggle option is disabled also. 

I don't know the SL viewer so well but if memory serves correct it the settings should be roughly the same

You can, as Hunni said, set it so you don't see it anymore, but other's will still see it.  You have to diable voice to get rid of it so other's don't see it at all.

Even if you just want to listen to voice, it's a good thing other's see the dot, since that tells them you have the capability to listen to what they are saying if you are near them. It tells them you have voice enabled in case they want to include you in their conversation.  Conversely, if they want privacy then they know they need to go to a private voice call or move out of range. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2714 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.