Question about anime-style avatar

AstoriaOrleans

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

I'm thinking about having a complete (female) anime-style avatar. Not gonna be my primary avatar, just for the occasional heck of it, and maybe to be used for anime events. I tried to search.. but the info literally flooded my brain that I'm not sure I really understand the basic of it.
So, I came to the conclusion that choosing either Utilizator Kemono or ASR Philo Sophia is the way to go. I'm trying to ask for the wisdom of it here, assuming that I understand everything correctly. Which one is of better overall quality (shapes, anims, etc.)? Which one is easier to get outfits and addons for (heads, skins, eyes, accessories, etc.)?
Which one I can use right out of the box without having to buy other addons?
Once again, what I want is a complete female anime-style avatar, the human kind, not the furry ones. 'Normal' size avi (in anime standard, of course), not a chibi one.
I hope I explained myself clearly enough for some of you to help me.

Thank you :)

Kemono are mainly anime furry, there are human options but there are probably better options, kemono is well supported with mod makers like Ambix having lots of gear for them but again mostly for furry kemonos.

You could also check Avatar 2.0 by the same maker as the kemono, or the riku's, which are female anime cyborg avatars, and quite popular.

You can also see people wearing an anime head with a 'standard non anime' mesh body, such as a Maitreya or Slink (personally I'd say the EVE Slim would be a better fit to anime proportions but its customers choice).

I see. That confused me a bit because all pictures at Kemono's MP page all show furry characters, but the majority of anime-style avatars out there (at least the ones I've read about) are using it. I think the fact that I have to fiddle quite a lot with it pretty much eliminates it from the options. That leaves Philo Sophia now. And I'll look at Avatar 2.0, and Riku as well. Thank you ^^

After searching a bit more and following the advices above, I think I'll take Avatar 2.0 and M3 Venus Anime Head, both from Utilizator. Combined, they're still far cheaper than Philo Sophia, seem to have more features, and seem to be better supported by other outfits/addons makers. I'll wait for a few more hours for anybody to chime in and probably offer better suggestions, and if there's none, I'll just bite the bullet and try them for myself :D

Well, I think the search is over. I did go ahead and get me Utilizator's Avatar 2.0 and M3 Venus head.. and I'm pleased to admit that I'm very satisfied with the result now. Very minimal adjustment needed to be done, comparable to my experience using Maitreya Lara body and Catwa Destiny head. Maybe even easier. Avatar 2.0 came with a complete set of outfit, which is a good start. M3 Venus' blinking animation and mouth expressions are very nice also. There are surprisingly huge amount of outfits and addons in the market for the body and the head, but the sweetest of all is that I can use most of the outfits, footwears, hair, and accessories already in my inventory! The only Avatar 2.0 specific thing I'm wearing in the pic below is the skirt.

I hope this thread is of any use for anybody wanting to get a good, easy to use, well supported, and affordable anime avatar in the future. Thanks for your helps :)

If you want an anime styled head Utilizator makes two. The M3 head and the Venus head. Personally, I like the look of the Venus head a bit more. Enfer Sombre makes some great skins for them as well. 

If you want a more realistic looking head that's still acceptable in an anime envoirnment, you can try any of the tsg. (The Sugar Garden) heads. They're still anime-esque but also look more realistic. 

I hope this helps!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.