Lara mesh body help

saemantha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2849 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi:)

Just bought the Lara mesh body and i want to keep my slink hands and feet.  Hve checked in the notes and they are compatable with the body.

I have got a seamless fit with both the hands and feet and i have used the omnihud to try and match the skin colour.

Thing is I am now at the stage where it says to apply the blenders but i cant seem to get them to work.

I have tried add and wear and nothing changes so im  thinking i need to do something on the Lara hud?

Need help please :))

Why are you trying to match the skin colours?

The great advantage of current mesh products compared to older prim parts is, that you can buy appliers that apply the skin texture on the mesh instead of trying to match some colours on a hud with medicore results.

There should not be a difference between your slink attachments and the body then.

well thanks for that

But i like the skin i have and its the original one that i registered on sl with i do not want to change it.

Im now thinking its unlikely that LL have given me appliers to do this.

If Maitreya say the body is compatable with slink feet then surely there is a solution? 

saemantha wrote:

well thanks for that

But i like the skin i have and its the original one that i registered on sl with i do not want to change it.

Im now thinking its unlikely that LL have given me appliers to do this.

If Maitreya say the body is compatable with slink feet then surely there is a solution? 

By the time you wear a mesh body, hands and feet your original skin will only be visible on your head. It will be far simpler to just use appliers on the body and hands and have a minor join issue at the neck - you may already have a neck blender to fix that.

If you're using the skin textures that with the Maitreya body I believe they're compatible with/made by a skin company called Glam Affair. If you get a Glam Affair applier for the Slink hands to match the body skintone (see the notecard that came with your body for guidance as to the skintone name) you should have a seamless match.

Oh thank you :)

That allmakes sense and yes i did select a skin texture from the presets on the lara hud made by glam affair to best match my head/face which as you correctly say is the only thing left:)

So its off to glam affair to get a slink appliers for the glam texture ive used.

Thanks again:)

• 2 weeks later...

YumiChan87 wrote:

if you are wearing Maitreya Lara mesh body you dont need the slink feet anymore because the lara hud has high and mid slink feet options built in with just a click

The Maitreya Lara body comes with its own set of seperate feet. Those feet can be changed into 3 different shapes: flat, middle and high. The option can be found in the hud of the body.

So far, so true. BUT those feet are NOT slink feet and shoes made for slink will not fit on the feet of the Maitreya body. Its of course not essential to get an extra pair of slink feet, because there are plenty of shoes that fit Maitreya. But any shoe that is made for them will still require them and not some other set of feet.

Flat shoes such as sandals can usually be adjusted to fit Maitreya Lara feet. Boots hide the feet anyway, so you can just take off your feet & wear the boots. For high heels, one generally needs to wear the shoes that were made for those feet, though I've found Belleza heels sometimes fit Maitreya lara feet. If you're buying shoes, try to get the right ones for your feet, but if they're freebies or shoes you have in your inventory already, it doesn't hurt to try them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2849 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.