Followed instructions - still can't wear unboxed items.

Deyadora

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2920 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As the title says, I followed the instructions on how to open boxed items (sandbox, put on ground, etc etc).  I even found a post that suggested the person probably wasn't using a 'classic' avatar and that they should try creating one of the others because of some confusing jibberish about 'mesh' and new systems being done backwards....or some such thing.

I have a 'classic' avatar - so I haven't a clue whether that's the problem or not, but it's driving me crazy (the sellers of these items didn't say in their product descriptions which avatars their items would work with and I didn't know at the time that that was even going to be a thing).

So - all the system is willng to let me do is wear two boxes - and that's just not going to happen.

Have had no problems with other items obtained from the marketplace - the ones marked for $0L - but this is the first time I've purchased items with actual Linden and can't do a thing with them.

They can be copied til the cows come home and fill up my inventory with duplicates of the same 2 purchases but that's about all.

Any other suggestions please?

The rez and open the box idea is pretty old (like 9 years). These days often (not always) you WEAR the "box" (oftentimes it looks like a present or a shopping bag or whatever).   THEN you sometimes need to TOUCH the "bag, box etc" to open it into your inventory. Sometimes the boxes unpack themselves.

MOST times there will be information in your CHAT window telling you to 'touch to unpack" or "the items has been unpacked - please delte me" etc.

So with that info give it another try.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2920 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.