windows XP

AniaLili

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have XP system, and since the last update vieuwer SecondLife, I can not log in anymore, my system is no longer accepted. Warn me that I might have problems because my system is old, ok, but why interdir me to login?

4 answers to this question

as it says.. you'r vunerable for several issues with XP, its simply not supported anymore. It;s like one tries to run office 365 on W3.1 ...won't work in all eternity.....

worldwide many governments pay millions to get basic support for xp systems because they also were a bit too late to update, microsoft doubled their fee this year, consumers don't get support or patches.

• Like 3

Ania,

In reality the SL Viewer is now using modern support libraries from current production versions of Microsoft Visual Studio products as well as other .dll lib based library products. Windows XP is no longer on the backwards support Radar map mostly due to it's age and lack of support from Microsoft.

It's time to say goodbye to Windows XP.

There are some third-party viewers that still work under Windows XP, such as Singularity, but I imagine you won’t be always able to rely on it either, as the previous answers still hold true: eventually all of them will stop supporting XP and you’ll have no other option but to update your operative system.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.