login failed, unable to connect to a simulator

tostao

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Every time I enter Second Life appears that mistake with my avatar, not because it falls pc problem with other avatars, and going to other worlds probe, also get the same message, delete caches, reboot my router also apparently I think it's a problem with a group or a garment that he had, and leaves no load the character, some of you know how to fix my problem or help me?

Thanks for your help and attention

3 answers to this question

Hello tostao. We have issues periodically in world with Region Restarts which seems that have been completed for the moment but they will be continued later. Please see: http://status.secondlifegrid.net/ If your problem is relative you can fix it easily log in a different region as already Cinn suggested. If you use the official Viewer 3 and you can't select a different region, in your log in screen give the command: Menu Me --> Preferences --> General Tab --> Enable "Show on login" --> OK.  After click the down arrow where it says "Start at" and choose <Type region name> --> Smith or another region's name --> Login.

tostao wrote:

[...] 
I think it's
a problem with a
group or
a garment
that he had,
and leaves no
load the
character
, some
of you
know how to fix
my problem or
help me?

Thanks
for your help
and attention

Yes, it is quite possibly a problem with a group.  If you were wearing a group tag that contains "illegal" characters when you logged out of SL the last time, that tag will prevent you from logging in again.  This is a known bug >>>

Group created possibly involves "invalid character" preventing Login.

If you are a Premium member, all you have to do is contact Live Chat and explain the problem.  Ask them to remove you from that group.  If you are not a Premium member, however, there is only one way to solve the problem.  You will have to enter SL as an alt, or find a friend to enter for you.  Find the owner of that group and ask him to eject you from the group.  Explain that this problem will affect other members of the group too, so he should change that tag immediately.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.