Why do I crash when I try to save or upload pictures?

Caramel Landar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3993 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This problem came ot of the blue. In the past, it would freeze my computer to try and upload a picture. Now, if I do anything like try and save or upload a picture I can not without crashing. Any help would be great. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling all viewers I have on my PC (Viewer 3, Phoenix, Firestorm). Here are my stats:

Gateway GT5954

Processor=AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor5000+ 2.60 GHz

3.00 GB RAM

32-Bit Operating System

Windows 7 Home Premium

Graphics :NVIDEA GeFORCE 6150SE nForce 430

6 answers to this question

I have a Mac computer and I thought the lastest SL viewer as I have it setup for automatic updates.  But I find  I am now looking at ppl that are distorted and am told that I do not have viewer for mesh.  Does the Mac accept Mesh?  If not then that is my answer for distorted people now.  If it does accept how can I can this mesh viewer?

If you have started using Microsoft's Skydrive that could be the problem. Search here for Skydrive and see how others have fixed the problem. It is possible to run SL and Skydrive at the same time.

Also, you say you have a Viewer 2, current viewers are versions 3.3.x. Unless that is just a slip on your part, get a newer version of the viewer. There are a couple of versions of the viewer that crash on upload attempts.

When you ask a tech question include information about your computer and viewer. Get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

Hello avatar.

I had the same problem with uploading. As soon as I click Upload, my SL crashes.

I am running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

Yes, I also installed Windows Live Messenger and whatever else you've all mentioned.

However, I didn't have to unstall anything.

Try the following: Go to your shortcut icon. Right click it, Go to Properties. Click Compatibility tab. Under Compatibility mode, put checkmark in the box Run this Program in Compatibility Mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 3). I also checked box for Run this Program as an Administrator.

Good luck. This worked for me.

I was using Phoenix and never had a problem. Then all of a sudden I crashed when I tried to upload. Even after switching to Firestorm the issue persisted. I read several blogs and found out that after I deleted Microsoft Storm (I think that's the name) I can now upload. I am so happy I am going to post this on every site I find to help others!

That's not the same problem. The SkyDrive bug doesn't just stall your viewer and give a message. It disconnects you right away with no warning. Unfortunately, I don't know what the solution is, though. I'd suggest posing your question to the in-world Firestorm support group.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3993 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.