Viewer -- Windows XP vs. Windows 7?

Melody Arlington

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I hope there is a fix for this.  I'm running the lastest Viewer on Windows XP and my friend is running the latest Viewer on Windows 7.  His menus are completely different than mine and its making gameplay quite difficult.  We tried running the Viewer in compatibility mode with Windows XP but that didnt seem to fix the problem.  Is there any way to get the viewer to look like the viewer on Windows XP as opposed to 7?  He can't find any of the menus in its current state and neither can I.  I dont know how it even changed.  Any suggestions? :matte-motes-confused:

3 answers to this question

I just switched from XP to 7 and have viewer 2.8 on both
I find differences only if the viewers are set up differently.
If one runs in basic and the other in advanced mode you would see big differences.
Even if both are running advanced there are hundreds of settings that may differ.

So focus on viewer settings and not on OS:smileywink:

• Like 1

It doesn't make ANY difference to your viewer whether your computer is running on Windows XP or Windows 7.  All of the SL viewers are 32-bit programs, but Windows 7 (which can run 64-bit programs) can run any of the viewers without needing to be told that they are 32-bit.  Changing the compatability to XP is really unnecessary.  The viewer will not look any different unless you have made changes in Preferences or, as Dora says, you are running V2 in Basic mode on one system and in Advanced mode on the other.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.