Stuck downloading clothes, tried all solutions I could find, help!

Charrisa92

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3201 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Basically I tried to remove an attachment and then the entire of my avatar froze up and I'm now permenently downloading clothes when I log in.

After searching around I've seen that others had this problem so I have tried reseting to a test avatar and clearing my cache and then compeltely re-installing all with no effect. I'm using Firestorm if that's relevent but I've also tried the above solutions with the standard SL viewer. My inventory doesnt want to load so now I have nothing to attemtpt to take on or off. Really worried I'll lose my stuff or soemthing.

What else can I do?

2 answers to this question

if you mean your inventory says it's loading...go to a empty or silent sim, and STAY THERE till it's finished.

Do NOTHING, and for sure hands OFF caches... while your system is doing the job go walk a round with your doggy in rl or go shopping for a while, it can take up quite a while if you have a huge inventory.

Every time you clear your cache your proces starts allover again.

Check your connection to SL. Having a good Internet connection does not mean you have a good connection to SL. http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

If you have high packet loss, you will have problems. You can mitigate such problems by having lots of folders with few items in each folder.

Clearing the viewer's cache is an absolute last resort. If you have even a slightly weak connection clearing the cache is going to make problems worse. Save that step to the very last.

Try logging into an empty and deserted region like Pooley or Furball. Let inventory load while you are there.

Inventory is kept in the SL servers. Only a list of what you have is downloaded to the viewer. So, you are not likely to lose anything. The list has the name you see for an item and the UUID the viewer needs to get the items from the asset server. Wihtout the UUID the process to render the avatar or allow a clothes change stalls.

I suggest you use ONLY the SL Viewer until you figure out what is wrong. 

When you have problems, log off and on to see if that helps. If you have the problem in your second login, log out and look in the viewer logs for a clue as to what is going on. 

Your log file is in:

Win 7 & 8: C:\Users\[Win_Login_ID]\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\logs\

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3201 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.