My avatar is gray and naked, what else can I do?

tsuriau

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3234 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, so I'm a bit frustrated and hoping someone here can suggest something I haven't tried.

Yesterday morning I logged in during that weird crash and my avatar was gray and naked. Fine. I waited and tried to log in later, after the grid status updated as resolved. Still gray and naked. I Ruthed myself and was able to apply a shape, but couldn't apply skins and clothes took forever. So I cleared my viewer cache, logged, rebooted, and relogged. No go. Next up I dumped my browser and inventory caches, did the whole reboot again. Nothing. I uninstalled my viewer, wiped my system, and reinstalled the previous non-beta version. Tried some debugging tips I found online, hopped sims to try to log in there, nothing. I can still Ruth and shape, but I can't wear anything. All other textures aroundm me load.

So I tried switching viewers, from Firestorm to LL. Gray and naked there, too. So it seems this isn't a viewer issue but a server issue. What do I do now?

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

when i read your question ...ehm story.... it's most likely that you totally emptied your caches. So no server problem but you caused it yourself :)

go to a empty sim, let your inventory fully load there, can take up to half an our or more!... depending on the amount of stuff you have.

Once the inventory is loaded again ( and your cache filled) you should be able to wear your inventory again.

Next time: don't clear you caches, unless there is a real problem with your view, it's rarele needed to empty, not re install viewers.

As Alwin says, clearing your cache and reinstalling your viewer (which also deletes the cache) are not generally a good fix for a bake fail problem.

The usual cause of this is a flaky internet connection.  It may be at your end, at LL's servers, or the fault of your ISP.  Try some of the suggestions at this link: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3234 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.