Mouselook issue.

avidgamerj

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3829 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When I enter mouselook, with the shortcut, the menu, or the mouse, and move my mouse, my avatar begins to spin rapidly in a circle.  I have asked many friends if they know how to help, and none of them do.  I have tried using Firestorm, SLV, and singularity viewers but to no avail.

Thank you for answering, Lisha, but it did not work.  This is a new battery as well, and the mouse has a battery life of 12-18 months.

5 answers to this question

ok ROFL- sorryimnot loling at u- i thought i was theonly 1 with this issue

If you have a wireless mouse it means your batteries are getting low (change the batteries then press your reset button on the botom of the mouse and on ur wireless keyboard) > then relog

If its not a wireless mouse u mouse button is stuck you will need a new mouse/ clean your mouse/ replug in your mouse/ update your mouse driver

(i personally had all these issues) feel free to lol at me :matte-motes-agape:

To stop your animations (while in firestorm viewer) Go to AVATAR-scroll down to avatar health > stop avatar animations

Or you can wear a stop animation rose/device

Camera View Spinning In Mouselook Or When ALT Clicking On An Object

This can happen when you have a non default value set for Font DPI within Windows operating system settings.

Right click your desktop → Personalise → Display → Adjust font size (DPI) → Make sure this is set to the default value of 96.

• Like 1

In your SL viewer go to Me->Preferences->Move&View and reduce Mouse Sensitivity.

If that doesn't work,  try changing display settings from larger 150% to medium 125%. That will almost always fix it but it's an undesirable solution since you have to do that each time and may make things unreadable. But you won't be spinning at least.

Doesn't make any sense to me either. I just know that's the cure that apparently works. My guess is that the mouse cursor position is calculated under the assumption that you're using standard dimensions in your screen display, and gets confused when you aren't. That's the sense I got from part of Leprekhaun's reply tool.  My personal solution is not to use mouselook in the first place.  It makes me dizzy.  :P

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3829 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.