I get this error An error has occurred. Further information is available in the server log

MysticBeauty Emerald

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4209 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Is anyone else getting this error An error has occurred. Further information is available in the server log. My friend R1card0 resident is getting this error and can't log into the site or post so I have to do it for him. He is get this when he try to log in with his company or his  iphone ok he can get on the web site he can shop. It's just when he goes to log in to buy something it will not let him log in and he turned off his firewalls and still nothing

6 answers to this question

That doesn't sound like a standard SL error message.  You don't have access to a server log.  Just a guess, but I suspect that your friend is trying to access SL from behind a corporate firewall.  Many companies and college campuses routinely block programs like SL that use large amounts of bandwidth -- especially when those programs have little to do with the corporate mission.  Take a look at this Knowledge Base article regarding access from firewalled sites >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Using-Second-Life-with-a-firewall/ta-p/1304539  Your friend may need to get cooperation and permission from local IT personnel to use this information.

Try calling support and having them reset the password on the account.   I had this happen to me when I used a stronger password that had a dollar sign and a < sign in it.     Support reset my password, I was able to log in, I changed the password back to a strong one, and had to call support and get a reset a second time.

I was getting this problem and i found a workaround that doesn't involve support.

Log into SecondLife with a viewer that supports an internal web browser, I used the latest official SL viewer.

Got to Preferences and change the web browser settings to use the internal web browser.

Now in the menu select the option to go to your account. You will be take there without having to log in.

Change your password to anything you like ($£@#whatever).

Log out of second life and now use your normal browser to log into your account with your new password. 

Worked for me....

I am trying to get back after few years and i have my acount and everything went nice,but then i didnt set yes in this one part of prog.and i cxant log in.I have new e-mail and old is gone where i use to get my answers after this kind of..Please some one help... T:SamiQ Finistair (curent e-mail= sami.saarelailnen@hotmail.fi)what to do..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4209 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.