I can see tags, and hover text though prims

Centbair Daxeline

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3190 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

You can always see tags and hover text through prims.  Everyone can.  That's an annoying feature of hover text, and there's no way to beat it.  That's why experienced builders and scripters in SL tend to avoid hover text if they can find better ways to display information.

Well, there are a couple of specialized ways, but they only work in specific settings.  If you can force your av underground -- not easy at all -- then you can keep his tag from showing, for example.  There are stealth devices on Marketplace that will do that.  In the old days, it also used to be possible to use  "invisiprims" to cloak hover text if you arranged them in just the right way.  Invisiprims were a hack that disappeared in about 2011, though, so that's not an option now.

Fortunately, you can only see hover text if you are reasonably close to whatever it's hovering over.  So the trick is to avoid putting hover text on wall hangings, and to avoid standing too close to a wall if you don't want people on the other side to see your own tag.

• Like 3

I realize this question has been marked answered but I think it was done so too soon.  

I also recently updated my AMD driver and now I can see hover text thru walls that I didn't see before this update. hovertext_001.png is anyone here familiar with the settings in AMD that we can adjust to fix this?

It has nothing to do with AMD, I'm afraid, although your graphics card may be a bit more efficient at rendering than it was before the driver update. The problem remains that your rent boxes (or whatever has that hover text display) are too close to the outside wall of your building, so they show through the wall.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3190 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.