How do I use 'debug' to find a scripted pet I have lost on my land

Dea Aurelia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2893 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

1 answer to this question

If you are a region owner or have manager-level permissions, you can locate scripted objects on the region with World >> Region/Estate >> Debug  >> Get Top Scripts .  You can search by name, owner, or script time, among other things.

Build >> Pathfinding >> Linksets will display a list of objects in the region that you can search by name or owner.  It tells you how far away they are and gives you a way to either teleport to them, set a beacon, or return them.  This is similar to Firestorm's Area Search.

If your missing object is scripted, makes a sound, or is a media source, you can set a beacon with World >>> Show >>> Beacons (or CTRL + Shift + Alt + N) to tag all similar items.

Sometimes it helps to highlight transparent objects (CTRL + Alt + T while you search.

If you are looking for things that you own, you can also use Build >> Options and then set both Select By Surrounding and Select Only My Objects to highligh any of your own objects when you drag a selection rectangle around an area.

Or you can buy a variety of search tools in Marketplace that will help you find scripted objects (or objects of any kind). I've made a few of those myself, in fact.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2893 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.