HELP! I can't hear the teacher & he has no white dot over his head

MissLissaDay

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok so I have EVERY THING enabled and still can not hear the teacher. I see myself with a white dot over my head but no one in the group including the teacher has a white dot over their head, but to everyone else it looks like I'm the only one without a dot . I've tried rebooting SL, I've tried rebooting my computer, emptying SL cache, changing avatars.... nothing has worked, pleeeeease help.

Also...When I click on the teacher to adjust his volume there's no slidy bar. An no one shows up in Voice Settings as having voice on. I have been listening to the talks for almost 2 weeks now and have had no problems like this. I don't think it's a firewall issue as SL voice was working fine before yesterday and I haven't changed the firewall in any way. 

Edited:

Also everyone else is hearing the teacher fine.

2 answers to this question

Suggestions from the fine folks at Firestorm/Phoenix:

Chances are good that the problem lies with the SL servers or the voice provider, Vivox. Still, there are things you can try:

• shut down all applications that use, or can use, voice - like Skype, etc. Then relog.
  • What sometimes helps to get voice working is disabling voice in PreferencesSound & Media -> Voice Settings, hitting apply, waiting a minute and then enabling voice and hitting apply. When these methods fail (assuming voice usually works for you) it is usually the Vivox voice servers that are the problem.
  • Try going to another region to see if voice works there. If so, then the issue is the region you were in before. Was voice disabled there? If not, a region restart might solve the problem.
  • Try a relog, or even a reboot of the computer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.