Constant script errors on different items

Ell Inglewood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Any idea why I have script errors at least a couple of times a week and sometimes several tmes a day?  It isn't always on the same item.  For example, one day it could be an item I am wearing with a resize script and the next day it could be a plant or something I have rezzed on my land.  The errors are always different too.  We thought it might be something on our land but my husband never has any problems.  As well, I'll have the script errors on different sims.  Today the error is for a plant with a script in it "Unable to create item 'Dragonfly' that has caused problems on this region".  I use the Firestorm viewer. 

2 answers to this question

Hi Ell,

I can't explain why multiple scripts are producing multiple errors across multiple sims.

Here's Maestro Linden's explanation for the "Unable to create item..." error message:

This error message is sent by the server whenever an avatar or object tries to rez another object which has been blocked by the sim. Usually such assets got blocked because it took too long (longer than 15~30 seconds) to rez, and the sim thinks there might be something wrong with the asset (for example, that the object might be designed by griefers to ruin sim performance).

The blocked object should become unblocked after a few minutes, unless the rez attempt is repeated before the all-clear. Those of you who see the error at a constant interval are probably dealing with a rezzer that continuously attempts to rez the object, extending the block. If you look at the script error/warning window that contains the "Unable to create item .." message, you should see the name and region coordinates of the rezzer (this is true in Viewer 2.1 and 1.23, at least).

Try disabling the dragonfly emitter, or taking it back into inventory long enough for the sim to remove it from the block list.

If you were having script problems only on your home sim, I might suspect the server and suggest a restart. Unfortunately that's probably not going to help you. Hopefully someone else will have some insight.

• Like 1

It sounds like you are the victim of coincidence.  The scripts do not know that each other exist, and none of them know that your viewer exists.  Scripts run in the SL servers, and any error messages that they send come from there.  As Maddy says, it's possible that your region's servers are acting up, so that some scripts are wonky. If so, ask the region's owner to restart the region, or submit a support case to ask Linden Lab to look into it. Otherwise, the problem is with each individual script, and they are unrelated.

That message about "Unable to create item 'Dragonfly' that has caused problems on this region" is a very common one, generated with a temp rezzer is either working too fast or overloading the parcel with more prims than it can handle.  Unless the region's servers really are sick, the way to beat that one is to (a) not put out too many temp rezzers or (2) leave more prim allowance for them to work with. (Incidentally, this is one reason why many region owners either prohibit or limit the use of temp rezzers.)

Other script errors are peculiar to the specific script that generated them.  As I said, you seem to be the unlucky victim of having more than one script that is either damaged or poorly written or being used improperly.  You'll have to diagnose each one on its own.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.