Invisible Mesh

Chip Midnight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4174 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just uploaded a rigged mesh I'm working on and rezzed it on the ground to texture it. It's invisible and unselectable. I know it's there because I can collide with it but I can't see it or select it. I tried highlight transparent and wireframe view and there's just nothing there. Tried in the current versions of the LL viewer and Firestorm and it's invisible in both. Has anyone encountered this? I'm at a complete loss on how to delete it. The same mesh worked fine yesterday. The new version had the UV mapping revamped and some tweaks to skin weights and smoothing groups. Otherwise it's the same.

It's a long shot, but it sounds like the data for the visible shape got lost along the line somewhere. If that happened somewhere between the asset server and simulator, maybe a restart of the sim would help.

If the data for LoD 0 is lost somehow, does lowering your graphics settings make one of the lower LoDs visible?

If you show all physical shapes (through the advanced or develop menu), do you see the object? No idea if that makes it selectable.

Can others see it? If so it could be a cache issue.

One last thing I can think of is you never actually rezzed the item. Are there any legacy prims around set to convex hull? Those could cause the collision you describe.

If that doesn't work, I suspect you know what your object is called and what its coordinates on the sim are. You could try support and ask if LL can remove it.

dunno if is related but in the way way back times (about 1.12/14 viewer i think) this used to happen with prims

physics box but no visible prim. was usual a sim server glitch/error that caused it. ghosting

easiest way to fix was to get sim reset

+

but sometimes depending on the nature of the serverside ghost could trick it into picking the wrong thing

like rez a new box and put inside the ghost box so the new box visible surface a tiny tiny bit inside the ghost box surface

then pick/delete the new box surface and it pick/delete the ghost instead

linden since changed the pick code tho. so dunno if will work now

also dunno if will work with a mesh object

+

other trick i learn about mesh. might help. might not. dunno (:

sometimes you can see it but cant pick it

so go into official V3 edit mode:

right-click a normal prim and then with the drop-drop menu still visible then right-click the mesh (even if you cant see it)

might work with your ghost mesh. bc the ghost is not a serverside ghost. is only a clientside ghost effect. same like when sometimes you can see ghost vehicles stuck on sim boundaries until you click on them. then they poof

No luck so far but I did manage to get them to show up in outline form using show objects owned by parcel owner. No luck selecting them. It my have corrupted on upload. It's flattened with one vertex that shoots down into the ground. There are three of them because I tried to rez it three times.

bad_objects.jpg

Here is something you could try to pick them up. I don't know if it works, but I would give it a try.

Here's a little script. Put that into a default prim cube. In the cube's description field enter the name of the ghosted object. Place the box near the lost objects. Touch the box. The script will try to link the found object to the cube. If that works, you should be able to select the cube and delete the linkset. At least that's the theory. For the 3 items, you have to touch the box 3 times.

default{    state_entry() {                llRequestPermissions(llGetOwner(), PERMISSION_CHANGE_LINKS);    }        touch_start(integer total_number) {                if (llDetectedKey(0) == llGetOwner()) {            llSensor(llGetObjectDesc(), "", PASSIVE, 5.0, TWO_PI);        }    }        sensor(integer n) {        llOwnerSay("Number of objects found: " + (string)n);        llCreateLink(llDetectedKey(0), TRUE);    }        no_sensor() {                llOwnerSay("Nothing found!");    }}

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4174 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.