Weird Marketplace error messages

ChinRey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2905 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Even weirder than usual that is. ;-)

I just logged on with Firestorm (4.7.7.48706) and started getting error messages like this:

The strange thing is that I wasn't even working with anything MP related! When I checked the Avatar menu, the old Merhcant Dropbox had suddenly turned up there. I thought it had been removed from the viewer code long ago.

A relog fixed the issue but has anybode else experienced the same and found an explanation?

HTTP status 499 is used in SL to mark errors in simulators processing web-commands either due to load or error.

It's... probably your viewer trying to get the region to do something that it doesn't want to do (like initiate magic box stuff, or the inventory > marketplace linkages). I wouldn't know where the error is originating (viewer or simulator).

Entirely a wild guess based on the status code, since I don't use Firestorm or Marketplace and have no functional knowledge of either. :P

I'm just aware that it's early in the morning by SLT, might be a bit before you get a more informed response.

Freya Mokusei wrote:

I'm just aware that it's early in the morning by SLT, might be a bit before you get a more informed response.

To the rescue. It's because there were only 499 errors. The marketplace interface is supposed to have 500 errors to work properly. Which is why you never see Error 500.

If this only happened that once, it's nothing to worry about.

It could have been caused by connection issues, a sick region or a back end Marketplace issue.

It's quite common to see that error or similar Marketplace connection errors  very occasionally.

Since VMM, as soon as you login the viewer tries to connect with the Marketplace.

JIRA reference: http://jira.phoenixviewer.com/browse/FIRE-16599

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2905 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.