Gatcha Category Needed

Karalieva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2703 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 5 months later...

I use the used category myself on my store avatar.  But, it would be nice to simply have a Gacha category with its own little subcategories since it has taken over the grid.  I thought when they were doing their "upgrade" of the marketplace they might actually put it in, but, alas, they didn't.

It would just make things simpler and more streamlined if they did.

Karalieva wrote:

Gatchas are not used items, and there are a LOT of them.

Possibly the second most selling item just behind clothing.

I disagree, they are used items since there is no guarantee that you will get a resold gatcha item in the original condition sold by the original creator with all parts, notecards, instructions etc. intact.  This is especially true of mod/transfer items.  The person selling the item could have removed things that came with the original package or made a modification to the item.

Unless you are the person who created the item,or you are an authorized reseller who buys the items direcetly from the person who created the items, then yes, the items are used. 

You got the item, you do not want it, you are re-selling it.  Gatcha items are no different from other No copy, Transfer items that are being sold and they should be placed either in the right category, or the used items category. 

If you do not want to buy them, then don't, but demanding that they be segregated from the rest of the items that are being sold is just wrong.

If you see an item that isn't correct, like wrong category, wrong advertised permissions, nudity, drugs, whatever, you should report it to Linden.

If you are not willling to help clean up the marketplace, then stop whining about it on the forums.

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same question/concerned several months back and suggested a Gacha category or that such items should be in the "used" one at least.

Why used?

If you didnt make an item and couldnt resolve a customer issue with its creation  and then resell it, in my view, its used.

However LL support said it did not have to be in the used category and could be placed anywhere and nope no they werent rushing to create a Gatcha category either.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2703 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.