Neither my friend or I are able to buy 30$ of linden dollars even though that is the limit. Why?

NatalieRedmoon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3324 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Both a friend and I have been trying to figure this out. New people should be able to buy $30 worth of linden dollars yes? The ammount of linden dollars we want to buy to get some of the items we want don't even reach $20. Its telling the both of us we're over our limit but we shouldn't be.

Either one of us is missing something important or there is something else going on here. Help would be apreciated. 

2 answers to this question

If you used your payment method to pay for a Premium membership before you tried to buy $L, the Premium transaction has put you over your daily trading limit.  You'll have to wait a day before buying $L.  These trading limits automatically increase quickly, by the way, and you'll soon be able to buy all the $L almost anyone could want.  The limits are there to keep people from using the system to "launder" money by buying $L with stolen credit cards.

You don't need to have a Premium membership, by the way, just to buy $L...you just need an approved payment method.  But if you made this mistake, DON'T cancel your Premium membership.  You won't get a refund, or change your ability to buy $L.  Just enjoy your Premium benefits and, when you are close to the renewal date, decide at that time whether to keep your Premium membership or downgrade back to Basic.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3324 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.