land help

Sweetpea Braveheart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3302 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have land with the premium membership the 512 one, i want to increase land size and prim, would i need to pick up my items from the land and move to another one after updating tier or will it be added to the one i have now and show parcel size change and prim change or would i need to leave land and update tier then move to the new one. please explain what each update tier is, starting with the 5.00 a month one, will it change size and prim. any and all help will be appreciated. thanks.

2 answers to this question

That's a very long, complicated sentence. :smileywink:

The answer is that you cannot increase the size or the prim(land impact) allowance on a Linden Homes parcel.  If you want more land and thus a greater prim allowance, you'll have to abandon the Linden Home and then buy more land.  If you buy on the Mainland, your Premium land fee waiver will be applied automatically, just as it is applied now to your Linden Home.  If you buy on a private estate, the land fee waiver won't apply.  You'll find answers to the other questions buried in your question by reading https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Buying-land/ta-p/700043  .

Here's how this works, and remember, we are talking only about Mainland...if you lease land on a Private Estate, it is a transaction between you and the Estate Owner, and has nothing to do with the land fees you pay to LL.

Your monthly Mainland fees are based on the TOTAL amount of Mainland you own, and is figured based on the highest amount you own during the previous billing period.  This is true even if you only hold land for a few seconds during the billing cycle...so it's important to sell or abandon any land you don't intend to keep before purchasing a new parcel, to keep from being charged tier on both your former and your new land.

Linden Homes:  The parcel size is fixed, the prim allowance is fixed.  If you want more land and/or more prims you will need to take your stuff, abandon your Linden Home, and buy land elsewhere on the Mainland.

The free 512 square meters:  You can have a free Linden Home (which is on a 512 sq. m. parcel), OR you can apply that 512 m2 to land you own elsewhere on the Mainland.  This bonus is NOT shown in the tier table, so you have to figure it in yourself.

Let's say you are looking to own about 2048 m2.  The tier table shows the monthly payment for this is $15 USD.  If you own one square meter more, you jump into the next tier, $25 USD per month, which would allow you to own up to 4096 m2.

BUT:  Let's figure in your bonus.  You can actually own 2048+512 = 2560 m2, and still pay just $15 USD per month.

If you create a group, and then buy land for the group and donate your tier to the group to cover the upkeep, you can do a little more than that.  Groups get a 10% tier bonus.  So, by group ownership, you can have as much as (2048+512) x 1.10 = 2816 m2!

Prims:  The amount of prims you can have depends on how much land you own within a single region.  If you own three 512 m2 parcels within a region, you can have a total of 3x117 = 351 prims.  You can place those prims in any way you wish...you could put all 351 on ONE parcel, leaving the other two vacant.

When looking for land, pay attention to the Maturity rating, General, Moderate, or Adult.  Maturity is a REGION level setting, and you cannot change it.  So be sure it is what you want before you buy!

I teach a class on land issues at Caledon Oxbridge University on Fridays at 5 pm SL Time (Pacific Daylight Time), and it's free to attend.  Perhaps I'll see you there!

--||-

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3302 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.