Premium Member Allowed Prim Count

Homey Farslider

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2805 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

I assume you have a Linden starter home.  These have an allowance of 117 prims and the prim allowance cannot be increased.  Linden homes offer better prim benefits than owning a tier free 512 plot, because the prims of the house do not count against your allowance.  A 512 plot also has 117 prims allocated, but without a house.

If you want more prims you will have to buy or rent a larger plot.

• Like 1

Not for a Linden home.  They were designed to give people a taste of home ownership with the thought that'd you would move out to the mainland or a private estate when you wanted more.

You have to buy land on the mainland that supports that many or more prims.  Of course anything over the first 512sqm would mean paying tier on the overage.  

You can also rent land on the mainland or a private estate from another resident that supports more prims.

Here is a chart that shows you different standard lot sizes and the amount of prims they support.

This page tells you about owning land and how to buy it and the types available

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Buying-land/ta-p/700043

Oxford University also has excellent classes about owning and managing land every Friday at 5pm.

• Like 2

It doesn't make any difference whether you are a Premium member or a Basic member.  All land in SL has the same prim allotment -- 1 prim (actually 1 L.I.) for every 4.376 sq m.  If you want to fit more L.I. on your land, you need more land.  If you appear to have more, it's only because your landlord has "borrowed" some L.I. allowance from other parcels.  (That's the reason why your Linden Home doesn't count against your parcel's total count. Linden Lab makes its prims count against the unoccupied Protected Land in the region.)

You cannot buy more land for a Linden Home, so you only have two choices:

1.  Move out.  Buy yourself a bigger parcel that has enough L.I. allowance for your 300 prims worth of stuff plus your house.  Your Premium land fee waiver will cover the monthly land fees on the first 512 sq m of that new land, you pay the rest.

2.  Learn to economize.  Buy/make only items that have a low L.I. instead of really prim-heavy things.  Don't rez everything that you own at once.  Change the decor every once in a while, put some things away, and bring out new things.

I suggest doing both things. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2805 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.