for Group Only....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4360 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello :) 

I want to create a photo studio in the sky of mah sim for the members of mah group....

- Its possible to put a script in my pose stand for only the members can have acces ? 

- Its possible to put a secrity system who will let pass only the member of this group... the group sim and the group i want to give the photos studio is NOT THE SAME!...

thankiou !!! 

If you've not got autoreturn switched on, then you can simply set the pose stand to the appropriate group and then have it check if(llSameGroup(llAvatarOnSitTarget())) when someone tries to use it, and unsit them if they're not in the right group.

If that's an issue, maybe, since it's your sim, you could cut out a small parcel underneath the photo studio and set the group rights/autoreturn policy accordingly.

What does it have to do with autoreturn?

OP needs to check llSameGroup(llAvatarOnSitTarget()) in change event just as you said. Letting only users wearing a specific group tag onto the land is an independent matter, OP needs to purchase a sequrity orb to handle that.

Autoreturn is relevant here because the OP said that the group that should be using the pose stand is not the same as the group that owns the parcel.  To make llSameGroup work, you have to set the pose stand to the appropriate group, but if Autoreturn is turned on, the parcel will return it because it is not set to the parcel's group.

An alternative, if the "group" is not a formal SL group but just a collection of avatars, is to create a whitelist and check against that.

For llSameGroup to work, the object has to be set to the appropriate group.  Wouldn't autoreturn cause problems since, as I understand it, the group for which the OP wants to test -- and, therefore, the group to which the pose stand must be set --  isn't the group to which the land is set?

I may well be mistaken.  I don't really understand autoreturn, and am rather nervous of it, having once inadvertently returned half the objects on a parcel when I turned it on by mistake.  

If autoreturn won't cause the pose stand to be returned for being set to a group other than the land group, then, of course, it's not an issue.

And to Innula too :)

That is incorrect. A land owner or an owner of a group that owns the land can set an object to any group. I have objects set to 3 or 4 different groups on the property owned by my group, they are not auto-returned.

Thanks, Ela.  So it looks as if my concerns were misplaced and it's not going to be an issue (and it's easy for the OP to test it, anyway).

Are the rules about what gets autoreturned and what doesn't written down anywhere?  As I said, I'm very conscious I don't fully understand how it works, at least certainly not if you turn it on once objects have been rezzed, and I would like to remedy this lack in my knowledge.

It's quirky, or at least there's more to it than meets the eye -- my eye, anyway.  I have been building things in SL for over five years and have never understood autoreturn fully.  Like you, Innula, I have had the experience of turning on autoreturn and having a mess of my objects returned instantly because they were set to the wrong group.  Now that Firestorm gives you the option to always set rez objects to the parcel's group if possible, I have given up worrying about it.

okay for the studio and the pose stand i have take one who give the possiblility to set this for the members of the group only this is perfect.. i have buy a tp with the same possiblitily .. but the onmy problem i have now is i want to put a security system ... but this gave me the group option but this need to be in a same group then the sim.. and no i cant make the parcel.. is all a sim and now parcell.. i need to find another way cuz i dont want this option.... so its possible to find a security who gave me the option to set at the group i will deed the object and no the one of the sim???

As far as LSL is concerned, the only requirement is that the security system -- or, more accurately, the prim that does the ejecting -- belongs to the same person who owns the land, or, if the land is group-owned,  is deeded to that group.

So if you personally own the land, it shouldn't be an issue (it might be with the particular system you own, but that's a design problem).   If you've deeded the land to a group, then you'd need to find a security system, or ask someone to make one for you, composed of a detector object and an ejector object.  The object that detects people and checks if they're in the right group is separate from the object that does the ejecting if they're not.   Then you set the detector object to the studio group and the ejector object to the land group, and the detector just tells the ejector who to remove.

I don't know if there any on sale, but if you can't find one in the Marketplace, if you ask in the Wanted forum I'm sure you'll find someone to make one for you.   

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4360 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.