Third gen NexText

Nexii Malthus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3612 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Heya'll, as part of my progress on developing the next generation NexUI HUD library, I also built the new tech for prim text which will be integrated into it. But for now, it's independantly usable and practical. Just like the older NexiiText libraries.

NexText3.png

[ Larger image: http://c438644.r44.cf2.rackcdn.com/NexText3.png ]

Textures / Font is by the awesome Ubuntu Font, see relevant font license. Script and objects are released as fullperm / public domain without limitations.

Just contact me for a copy and I'll drop on one you.

(Okay, maybe not performance, but still has a low memory footprint as well (~20kb))

NexText is up to 3.3

NexText-with-RSS-Reader-and-HUD.png

[ Original image at: http://c438644.r44.cf2.rackcdn.com/NexText-with-RSS-Reader-and-HUD.png ]

Some improvements and changes across the board. For example the underline is thinner and capable of going much thinner.

Tested it out in a HUD and wasn't too happy with the results, so I went through to improve the aesthetic glitches and make it more pleasing for readability. There's a boolean OptimiseForHUDs that is meant to be used by those who want to create HUDs with this.

There's various performance enhancements, but this is as far as I can go atm to improve the core. I think I'd have to start writing caching mechanisms, for example caching an often used name for applications that require instantenous rendering in production.

Coding wise, the function Clear can be used to clear all the text and have started grouping variables with comments. The variables intended to be modified by the user have been put together. They can be used as globals, but you'll probably want to change them to handle cases where you want a large heading and smaller text.

There's also an RSS reader (w/ HUD version) I threw together in a few minutes as an experiment. PHP script used as a proxy is offered in a notecard.

• 2 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3612 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.