starting a store, waiting a few days now for items to be sold

HarleyRainn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Some?  A Marketplace store is a one-person deal.  It's keyed to your account alone.  You can share profits with other people, but the store is only yours.  And you can only have one store, although your alts can each have one, of course.

That aside, though, if you have  uploaded items correctly, they should be available immediately.  I assume that you have activated each item and created a listing for it, so that it appears in the store.  I see that you have done that successfully with six gesture packages so far.  If you have others in your list of Unassociated Items, just do the same thing.

If you are having other problems with Marketplace, you might try installing Linden Lab's beta Merchant Outbox viewer.  I have heard that some people are having an easier time when they use it.

If you are waiting for items to be sold, then you may have a very long wait.  You may not ever sell any items because not all items everyone puts up for sale sell at any price.  It all depends on who is looking to buy what you are selling, your price and the quality of your items, and how it all compares to your competition.

Looking at your store I see boxes of gestures.  However you don't say what specific gestures you are selling and if they have animations, sound, have ASCII characters, or even what they say.  I doubt anyone will buy a box of gestures unless they know all this information.  The name of your items only says 10 new gestures too so probably won't show up in searches.  Rename the items with a general description of the contents.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.