How do I give a gift from Inventory?

AmandaHoliday

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2816 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

How do I give something from inventory? I am in Tombstone Arizona role play, and have a few Apache Tears (semi precious gem stones) after some trips to the place they are found. I have tried to gift one to a baby by giving it to his mother. No go on placing it on the table and letting her pick it up. Others say they are used in trades, so it must be possible if you know the method. Help, please. 

4 answers to this question

If the item is transferable, you can drag it from inventory and drop it on the other avatar, or drop it in an IM window with them, or right click it in inventory and go through the share option.  If you set it out you need to set it for sale (you can set the price at 0 L$) and let the other person buy it.

If it is not transferable and possibly used in the roleplay system some how you will need to ask the people that made your particular system.

• Like 3

There are many ways to transfer an object to another avatar, but having them pick it up isn't one of them (except, see below)...

The more usual ways are:

• drag it from your inventory and drop it onto their avatar
  • or drop it onto their nametag
  • or their Profile picture
  • or into an open IM window with them
  • or right click the object in inventory and select Share from the context menu
  • or click the Share button in inventory
  • or the Share button on their profile

Make sure your recipient is not in Busy (Unavailable) mode first.  If they are, the offered object will be automatically refused and it will be lost forever.

If you have the necessary permissions on an object (copy or no copy, modify, and transfer) you can rez it, right click it, select Edit.  Then in the General tab, set it to sell (the original), set the price to $L0.  Then tell the recipient to right click it and choose Buy, and then right click again and choose Take.

• Like 1

Yes, but I didn't notice the share option in inventory. I move stuff in and out of inventory often, but this was the first time I tried to give a gift. The Apache Tear is used for trade in Tombstone, so is no copy, no modify only. Once I tried the right click and paid attention to the options, it was easy. Thanks for the answer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2816 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.