How do I export a 3d model from the inventory to my pc?

borcaddio

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2760 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I state that I'm a new user and I know only the 3% of how this game works.

I bought a free 3d model from the marketplace (a small boat) and I want to know if it's possible to export the mesh and the textures in any 3d file that Blender can open for a small school project.

Thanks in advance.

4 answers to this question

This point is debated frequently in the Creation forums and is the source of many DMCA complaints in Second Life. It's tricky legal territory. Read the TOS (Sect 2.4): "You acknowledge that when you receive a User Content License you receive only licensing and use rights: You therefore do not acquire ownership of any copies of the Content, or transfer of any copyright or other Intellectual Property Rights in the Content."--||-

As Rolig said, all the textures, prims, and meshes have to be full permission, copy, mod, and transfer.

To export you need a viewer like Firestorm. I know it will export somethings. I'm not clear on whether it will export mesh objects. Look here: http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/collada_export

There is an asumption that the owner of a mesh already has a copy outside of SL, since all mesh items have to be imported. So, only prim builds need to be exported. Most of the export tools are for prims/linksets.

As Linden Lab takes no responsibility for uploaded mesh, you are proably better off to find a 3D model site that has free public domain models.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2760 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.