Unable to log on SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been playing sl for the past 10 years, I"m from South Africa so our ping isn't the greatest but i've never had issues like this before.  I can log in my afternoons but not in my evenings i log until loading world then i just hang there or get kicked out at waiting for region handshake.  If i can log in the afternoon it can' be my firewall.  My main viewer is FS but i have tried to log in on Singularity and the SL Viewer and i have the same problem across all three.  If i do log i remain a red cloud and get kicked off after about 5 mins.

All my settings are on the lowest it can go.Does anyone have any advice for me?

hey there,  it's your isp, it's not negotiaging fully with LL 's servers which are sitting in arizona,  that means the travel distance is huge and your hops sound like they have huge pings between each one.   I'm not sure what could all be done but have the isp you use look at your end and see if somethings bad or such.  

Hey, Gillian

Sounds not an SL problem, its you're having to share your internet service with many more people than ever before. Contact your provider of internet service, they should be able to help. Even a new router might make a little difference. Sadly and realistically tho, you may have to avoid what are the peak times in your home area.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Lindens

Gillian Gemini wrote:

All my settings are on the lowest it can go.Does anyone have any advice for me?

Nalates Urriah's guide to fixing network problems is a good place to start for self-service support for connectivity problems.

On the development side, you're in the special >200mS ping time club and we're interested in getting technical feedback on problems.  Filing a Jira with LL using the SL viewer would help here and it should include the SecondLife.log file from a bad session.  (You may want to keep the Jira private in case information is leaked in the log file.)  I would also like to see a traceroute to login.agni.secondlife.com.

A Jira won't have the immediate response that a support operation will, sorry about that, but this is how we get the dev side moving.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.