Lost owner rights on group

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I wasnt sure where to post this, hopefully its ok to post under this section.

I had a update group for my store and I lost owner rights by leaving it in 2010 when I was closing it, in lates 2011 I came back and reopened it and wanted to be able toa access this group again, is there any way to do this? I've tried to submit a ticket but basic accounts dont seem to cover these type of questions :x So any pointers would be appreciated

Voodoo Schnyder wrote:

I wasnt sure where to post this, hopefully its ok to post under this section.

I had a update group for my store and I lost owner rights by leaving it in 2010 when I was closing it, in lates 2011 I came back and reopened it and wanted to be able toa access this group again, is there any way to do this? I've tried to submit a ticket but basic accounts dont seem to cover these type of questions
:x
So any pointers would be appreciated

about the only way i can think of is if someone was still in the group with owners rights that could make you owner again..

you could just make a new group and set all the stuff to that group..you won't get the same exact group name..but you could add a symbol or something to it and it should let you make one..maybe put a star to each side of the name like this

*Ceka* or quotes or  something..

If the group was closed because of lack of members, then no, you cannot get it back.  Nor can you create another group with the same name.  You would have to create a new group with at least a small difference in its name.   On the other hand, if the group has continued to exist because it still has 2 or more members including an owner, then your best solution is to get one of those people to add you back to the group.  Finally, if the group still exists but without an owner, then you've got a situation thats not suppose to happen but does occur on occasion.  That's where you would need to open a support ticket to get the group fixed.

--Cinn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.