Can't Teleport to a Sky Box

AngelHorny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3809 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi People,

I think i've bought a skybox without teleporting system...

Until now, to reach the skybox, I construct a bloc, sit on it and move it to the desire altitude. I can the use the skybox.

I tried this manipulation but without success : when I'm inside the skybox, I created a reference spot to go back easier after. I went then onto the ground and choose to teleport to the reference spot. When I materialize, it's always beside the sky box and I fall !

Is it a trouble with SL, the position of the skybox (it is not outside the limites of the parcell) or anything else ?

Does anyone can help me to solve this tricky thing ?

AH

I have noticed lately with some landmarks that I don't land in the spot that I am supposed to land in.  This has nothing to do with a landing spot being set either.  Also, last week when I hit home, instead of landing in my livingroom where I am supposed to land, I'd land outside my house.  But it comes and goes, so I think it is a SL glitch.

As far as your skybox, most don't come with a ground to skybox TP.  You can install one yourself though which should solve this problem.  The Marketplace has tons of them available, some for even for free.  Some are as easy to set up as rezzing out the TPs where you want them and that's all there is to it.  Others require you to figure out the coordinates yourself and enter them on a configuration card.  Some have security features some don't.  Security allows you to set the TP so that only certain people can use it.  This could be a group or a list of people. Some are pads you put on the ground or floor, while others are wall mounted and some come with both versions.

The script for a basic teleport system is a pretty old free script I think even in the script library.

I sell some very basic moddable teleport pads in my shop - though I forget if they were free or just low priced. They're just the ones I included in old skyboxes back when I was making those.

I've not had LMs get offset - that's an interesting glitch. I have in past forgotten to update them after moving where something was located.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3809 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.