How to...

EbonyHayes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3231 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hey, guys. 

How do I configurate an item to be purchased only if the person join group? I have set the group joiner already but I am doing something wrong editing the object to give as group gift. Can someone help me?

Thanks.  :)

2 answers to this question

The simplest way is to check for group membership before you let the script give the gift.  I don't know what your specific script looks like, obviously, but the idea is to have it contain a touch_start event that looks something like this

touch_start (integer num){    key av = llDetectedKey(0);    if (llSameGroup(av))  //  That is, if the person who just touched is wearing the group tag that matches the group that this vendor is set to ....    {        llGiveInventory(av,llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_OBJECT,0));    }    else  // The person is not wearing the right group tag    {        llRegionSayTo(av,0,"Sorry, you must wear this group's tag to get the gift.");    }}
  • Like 1

You can't sell only to a group with out a script.  Assuming you have the scripting done right, to sell from a scripted vendor,  not just prim set to "buy object,"  you need to set a scripted object to "pay object"

If you all ready have a vending script, you can just add Rolig Loon script to it for the group detection.  With out knowing more or seeing your script we can only guess.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3231 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.