Looking for a building class.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi :)

I suggest u return to the Ivory tower and this time have a look inside the tower . Thats where i first learnt to build , not because I had any particular project in mind  but because I was curious how things were made in SL. And later when i learnt i could add a script that made things rotate  ...............................

Hi. Besides Builder's Brewery and the Ivory Tower, which are excellent, there is also the Happy Hippo Building School (Kinetix (201, 137, 21), which has sandboxes you can work in, and a gallery of free tutorials, w/ supplies included.There is also a building store, like at the brewery, with lots of supplies you can buy, along with the more advanced boxed classes. Like the Brewery, they also have a great line of freebie building materials to get you started. There are often friendly people there to help you out. Sometimes they have live classes, but they don't seem to do as many as they used to. The brewery is best for live classes. If you have a gmail account, set up your calendar, and search calendars for Second Life building. There will be several places that have a calendar up, (but mostly the Brewery,) that hold classes. 

If you are interested in learning scripting, there is the College of Scripting, Music and Science.  Horsa (46, 243, 85)

PSG Academy has scripting tutorials, one of which you get to make a suit of Roman armor and a catapault, which will throw you up into the air. 

And for particles there is Jopsy Pendragon's  particle Laboratory that is also a lot of fun. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Teal/113/78/21

Oh and don't forget Robin Wood's excellent Texture Tutorials & Library on Livingtree (128, 101, 25)

ps if you plug the coordinates into the location windows in your  World Map popup (Firestorm) you can use them to teleport. I don't remember if the Linden viewer has that function.

Have Fun!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.