Why does my avatar keep rezzing over and over?

Victoria1488304562

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

The rezzing, then blurry, then rezzing again is usually a connection problem.  Most likely packet loss but could be a cache issue too (maybe both).  In your preferences play with your bandwidth.....typically 500 kbps to 1500 kbps is good.  If you have it set high, then lower it some.  If set low then raise it a little (but never exceed about 80% of your download speed from your ISP).  Check for packet loss..........anything more than 2% can create problems.  Clear your cache (I know, the catch all.  But it works for many problems with rezzing).  Also a really large cache size is not good.  The default 512 megs is really a good size.......it yours is larger reduce it to the default.

I'm assuming this is happening no matter where you are in SL.  But if it's just happening in one sim, then the sim may be having problems.  Contact the sim owner or, if mainland, LL and request a sim restart.

• Like 1

Peggy's right.  It's also true, though, that everything in SL rezzes in four successive stages, not all at once.  The first texture rez stage is pretty low resolution but it's fast.  The other three can take several minutes or as much as an hour sometimes, depending on how good your connection is, how fast your graphics card is, and how busy the server's sim is.  LL does that four stage trick because it means less work all at once, and you do get to see something -- even if it's at lower resolution -- before the final stage is finished.  You're seeing blurriness between stages, which is pretty normal -- just not usually as slow as you're seeing it.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.