Second Life crashes directly at log in.

Cat Helse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

The progress bar goes as far as "Loading World" when the window simply closes. I'm using a Macbook Pro 1.7.4 with a wifi connection. I've done clear cache, uninstalled the viewer and tried several others as well. I'm able to log into my account via the metaverse app on my phone so I know it can't be my account. Any clues as to what's going on and how I can fix it?

Is there any other solution, an ethernet cable is something out of the question since the modem is in another room. I've never had issues with wifi and I've been using my SL for almost 2 years.

3 answers to this question

"...with a wifi connection.

..."

------------------------------------------------------

Changing your connection to an Ethernet cable would be a good start.  Wireless connections are habitually problematic with SL due to the huge amount of data being sent to your viewer......graphic data being the largest percentage (which would explain your success with the text only app for your phone).

• Like 1

I agree completely with Peggy.  Ditch the wifi.  There's way too much interference with cell phones, garage door openers, smart refrigerators, fluorescent lights, and other things.  Besides, wifi was never designed for the heavy, continuous data streaming that SL expects.  Some people have no problem with wireless in SL at all, but it's a real headache for many residents.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.