Having numerous attachment and outfit related issues

Glassbrain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

For about a week or so, I've had a number of problems relating to my avatar and attachments, including

- When I log in, attachments from other outfits will attach to my avatar.

- Sometimes on login, outfits will flat out refuse to load until a default avatar is forced in.

- Sometimes, attachments will attach or detach but not register as such under the "Wearing" part of the appearance tab

- Sometimes, attachments will appear on until one is removed, which triggers multiple others (usually ones outside of my current outfit)

These problems seem to "reset" a bit after I restart my computer, or sometimes a login, but they have continued to crop up over multiple viewers, through a clean reinstall of my viewers, through cache clearings and bridge recreation (on firestorm), and no matter what I do I cannot make the problem go away permanently.

Has anybody else had a similar problem and do they know how to dispel it?

2 answers to this question

Because you're having the trouble with multiple viewers, I doubt that manual restarts and cache clearing will make any difference.  It sounds like you have a crummy Internet connection.  You may have plenty of bandwidth -- that's rarely a problem -- but the connection is unreliable.  You are losing data packets or the data stream is slowing down irregularily.  If you are on wireless, get off it.  Use a DSL or cable connection.  Reboot your router and modem and then restart the computer.  And read the link to Nalates's blog that Lindal provided ..... carefully.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.