SOLVED: Is it possible to IM without SL Viewer to IM boxes inside SL Virtual world?

Averager

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3590 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a premium and seemingly got insane crash and can't enter SL. Or can with older computer, but the Firestorm is not usable in messaging, for it keeps smapping like I sent insane burst of empty messages. What a depressive surprise... :(

I have the details in my another post, but then figured this answers-area. I am so down, that my thinking is not clear now. :(

So,how to IM to the virtual place IM to reach friends there? Their online status can be seen, but how to IM?

EDIT: The problem was in keyboard, when using Firestorm, so it is *not* guilty. I continue to solve the main computer problem, but still the question is on place: Secondary way to IM, in case the SL Viewer or any other viewer could temporarily be unusable because of some sudden reason, like graphics card problem, or other. So if this forum is accessable without viewer, can Im get sent to the virtual side?

EDIT: Hmm, I have some problems using the forum, in some setting I can leave comment, but now I do not even see it anywhere, so the Forum-like IM does not have any connection to the account's SL world's IM's in any way, these are two separate things?

EDIT, SOLUTION: Got also more cleared this. The IM's here and on SL Viewer seen IM's are not connected at all.

Thank You for all the answers.

EDIT:

€ŽAnswering to 12-02-2014 10:35 post.

I just  tested, but the login failed, or did not advance through (stayed on login window). I tried with and without the adviced (default) last name.

Maybe system is not supported... or it is me.

EDIT2:

Looking here quickly. I really Used Slite program through mobile, really slow, sonnection, when my ISP was down. It was handy little program without graphics, so it works on very slow bandwidth.

4 answers to this question

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3590 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.