I keep getting an error when I try to add Interests to my profile. What's wrong?

coolJoe87

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3718 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I got an email showing results for friends with common interests of mine but I never set it up.

I went to add interests to my profile, outside of the game, and I keep getting a red box which reads:

"An error has occured while trying to add interests, please try again"

Methods I've tried:

1>

Type in an Interest (ex. Art)

Click Add, Same Error, interests box now blank.

2>

Type in an interest (ex, Music)

Click on a choice of related interests from drop down.

Click Add, Same Error, interests box now blank.

Do I need the game running to do this?

6 answers to this question

Hi Joe,

I just tried adding an interest, both in-world (using two different viewers) and out (using two different browsers) using two different accounts, and the mechanism appears broken. This is not surprising, the Feed software was written by Linden Lab and has been a hot mess since its inception.

Now that LL is opening up the JIRA to public inspection again, it might be worth filing a bug report...

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-report-a-bug/ta-p/733545

• Like 1

Ah! There's the flaw in my technique. I rabidly avoid identifying ANY interests because doing that triggers the facebooky script in Linden Lab's profile system and opens the door to chaos on your feed (which I never look at, of course, but that's a different matter). As far as I'm concerned, the feature works best when it's broken. :P

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3718 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.