How do I log in to a different sim?

Merlodon Ocello

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have no idea how to do this. I posted a question about my login issues, and someone suggested I log in to a different sim. Also, I am using the Viewer 3 if that information helps.

----

Looks like I can't type anything into the box :matte-motes-frown:

----

The only options it gives me are My Last Location and My Home.

----

And there's nothing to the right of my name when I log in.

---

Ok I just tried again. NOW I see the box lol thanks guys! Haha I feel so stupid right now.

4 answers to this question

You can do this choosing the starting location (at the right of your name). Choose a sim like Pooley or Aqua, for instance.

Rolling restarts for Magnum RC regions

[updated 10:12AM PDT, 25 August 2011] We are reverting the Magnum RC regions back to the previous server version. This will cause regions on Magnum to be offline for a few more minutes until this change has been completed. We will update this post with additional information as soon as we have it available.

[Posted 08:50AM PDT, 25 August 2011] We will be beginning rolling restarts on Magnum RC regions shortly. Please save all builds and refrain from inworld L$ purchases and rezzing no copy objects. We will update this post when the rolling restarts have completed.

On the login page, to the right of your name there's a box to indicate where you want to log in to.  Normally, that says "Last Location."   Click the drop don menu and then type the name of a different sim (like Pooley or Aqua) in the obvious spot. Then log in and TP to wherever you want to go (if it's on line.)

Hello Merlodon. In your  log in page give the command: Menu Me --> Preferences --> General Tab --> Activate "Show on login" --> OK. After that  where it says "Start at", click the  down arrow and select <Type region name> --> write the name of the region you want  to log in (for  example Smith, Lime, Pooley) --> Log in.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.