ASSAULTED IN RP SIM

Batrisya

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3248 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello everyone,

I played in an rp sim which is a combat and captured adult theme. Sexual scene such as rape is also allowed. However not everyone in the sim are into rape scene. Many of us are renters of that sim and just come to play combat.

The sim post a rule like this "NO RP LIMITS". With that rule alone- some players are now using that NO RP LIMITS rule to say hey you cannot refuse my rp with you. Therefore they can assault others like they want. The bad thing is that, anyone who refuse rp can be caged. While the one who assault are free roaming and can throws tomatoes to the one who refuse to be assaulted in the name of honoring the rp.

We had paid the rent and some of us had already meet the owner. But the owner of the sim do not wish to handle this issue and says its an ooc issue and settle between yourself.

My question is- can rp sim allow this?

4 answers to this question

I'm not sure I understand.

You can always refuse any RP, just mute them and keep moving. Or you can teleport away, or log out. Even if you use RLV, you can set your relay to 'Ask' mode. No-one can ever 'force' you to roleplay with them, because roleplay is like a Tango - takes two people. Sim 'rules' really have no bearing here, although you might be ejected if the landowner doesn't agree with your point of view.

If the sim owner won't do anything about silly people on their sim, you have very little choice except to go elsewhere. It's their land, and they can operate it in any way they choose. Your choice is whether to stay, or to leave.

Note that any rent you've paid is probably non-refundable. You can ask to have your rent returned, but the sim owner is under no obligation to do so.

• Like 4

Yes, the owner can make any rules they want as long as the rules do not conflict with the TOS.

In this case you are warned that there are no RP limits allowed on the sim. Knowing this, why did you rent there if you didn't agree with the policy? This is like buying a house next to an airport and then complaining to the authorities that there is too much noise from the airport.

I suggest you rent some place else, where there is no RP or on a sim that allows you to state your limits.

• Like 6

Yes, of course they can allow this. Its not different from any other sim rules you'll find in SL. The person who owns the place makes the rules and as long as they are not colliding with essential parts of the ToS, there is nothing one can do about it. And stating a "No limits" rule isn't something that violates the ToS.

The owner is also free to ignore the drama between other residents.

So...if you knew the rules of the RP sim before you rented there (which you always should) and you aren't fine with them, why did you rented there in the first place?

Of course, nobody can force you into roleplaying, as this requires you to write, which you can always refuse without fearing real consequences. But as you said people will get upset and I'm not suprised about that. The other players on this sim are there partly because of the "No limits" rule and they expect you to follow the sim rules.

So there is only one solution: Move to a different place, where the rules fit you better.

• Like 4

My answer is- yes.

Their sim, their rules. 

There are any number of combat sims out there. Why on earth did you choose a combat/capture adult sim with rape scenarios as a central theme and with a posted NO LIMITS rule when you knew that wasn't to your taste?

Wait until the rent tuns out, and leave. Go find a new combat rp sim with rentals, one that doesn't center around capture/rape with no limits, and rent from there. 

You can refuse to roleplay, but yes, it will make people unhappy. They're there to follow the sim rules and themes. Apparently, you're not. Pack up and find a new home; there are plenty out there that don't center around themes you find objectionable.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3248 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.