Jump to content

Lesyonn

Resident
  • Content Count

    16
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Lesyonn

  • Rank
    Member
  1. Kenbro Utu wrote: I would suggest you do exactly as was told to you last month in this thread when you were seeing French. You might also want to work on your memory. You might want to work on people skills. It's tiring seeing the same regular posters (not just you obviously) that must have some odd gratification to answer the way you did here. You do realize that you took the time to find the other thread of his instead of maybe helping the guy out. Yes, we know it's a forum and everyone is entitled to be rude.
  2. The land sub forum has a general discussion, should you have not posted this question there? It's funny that when certain people post on this forum, the snark is held back. I googled it and found the answer quick. I see it's okay for you to ask for help on the GD forum when answers or the sub forum mentioned above would have been appropriate. You do have some borderline rude replies to others. I hope you can find some empathy for non-professional, new users of the Second life forums.
  3. Jeagerjaqves wrote: So, I tried to log into second life for the first time and when it finally loads and all that, it takes me back to the home page of the viewer saying: "We're having trouble connecting. There may be a problem with your internet connection or the Second Life Grid. You can either check your Internet connection and try again in a few minutes, click Help to view the Second Life Support Portal, or click Teleport to attempt to teleport home." I'm using Windows 8, but the other sepcifications are a bit fuzy to me, so if someone could help me, that'd be awesome! Rollling restarts begin on Tuesdays from 3:00 am to after 6:00 am for Second Life Server deploy. Wednesdays are the Magnum BlueSteel and LeTigre Rolls. All times are PST. If you get that message, click help on the viewer and go to Grid status. It will take you to this page: http://status.secondlifegrid.net/
  4. Aphrenity wrote: I'm sorry I don't think you read this thread properly. It's about YOU women and the rediculous decisions you make and your need to scare away every decent humanbeing with them. In RL I don't tolerate this kind of crap from women never have never will. In a game it's rather hard to avoid when some random woman just bust out with these broken heart stories like you're interested in hearing them. For every Boo Hoo profile that shouts I've had my heart broken in SL (and if you say you haven't seen that 9/10 times your a stone cold liar) there is a boo hoo story they can't wait to tell. Maybe you're one of them. Lets see how long your partnership last would you like me to place a bet on it? Unless its' your real life husband I doubt not as long as you'd think and you too will be boo hooing and anyong random people with your tears. I am going to agree with you here. There are many women who act like this in sl, and yes, even the ones who are rp'ing their relationship, they don't even have to be the ones who want any rl out of it. You see, you will get the verbal lashing from this forum. These women here (Aislin knew she was going out on a limb to at least show she knows of people like that, kudos to her) think they do not fit into that category or know anyone (and we all know they do have a few on their friendslist if not knowing the drama insecurity queen theough another). Not all women are this way but the percentage is high. I have had one relationship in sl and with the same woman, that does not mean her and I can't see these types from miles away. The ratio of women to men being like this with the women being higher because they are wired diferent. Too emotional 98% of all women are. I am not going to bother reading the rest of this thread, it will just give me a headache with the 'perfect' women replying lol. Good luck in your thread here and know that many guys in sl are behind you. Just because you have ran into these types doesn't mean you attract them. I wonder if these forumites have ever had to mute an idiot? There are a couple on here that try to switch around what you say. Hands you popcorn for the show.
  5. Shroom Steinbeck wrote: Wow thanks for the detailed reply. And thanks for putting it in perspective. I agree with you. I would think people sharing an intimate moment would turn on the privacy land settings instead of leaving it open for all to see, but I guess that's easy to forget? Also I use my camera most of the time in SL. I will see if people are having sex or not. I was mainly talking about people I met that weren't doing anything except maybe moving some furniture around. Thanks for the recommendations. I might give them a look over on a rainy day. People don't have to turn on privacy settings to keep people like you off their parcel. As you stated in my bolding of your quote, if you use a camera to cam others that much I feel your intentions of "community" are nothing more then barreling into other residents SL. You have the free for all but everyone else pays mindset. Land cost a lot, people enjoy privacy, you have the chance to visit many regions that are for the public. Just damn nosey it seems and p.s. you can't see people having sex when privacy is turned on. You see objects and where the avatars are located in the parcel. No actual pixels for you to perv though. Even if people are just moving furniture around, they may not want to be bothered by anyone and stop what they are doing on their own land just to entertain you.
  6. Qie Niangao wrote: I'm not sure what's being asked, but if the question is about finding the location of another avatar, one not in the sim and not wearing the script, then indeed that would be a serious privacy violation. Years ago, there was a bug that allowed that to happen -- in a very limited way, and using an insanely laggy script -- but it was patched very quickly. After a brief conversation inworld, I will say this is a serious privacy violation. I won't give the details of the what was said but it is something that is against the TOS. The OP knew off hand in the initial post it may be a privacy concern.
  7. joniveehernandez wrote: Hi just wondering around if its possible to detect the avatar's global coordinates or the region is in. But I doubt that's possible because of privacy and security concern, I guess - Thanks After reading your profile, this question concerns me and I would question the privacy of any avatars involved.
  8. CaramelBombshell wrote: I honestly do not care. /me laughs as he wonders why the avatar is not upgraded to much better eye candy. Still would not give 1$L for anything. /me also wonders how many men are the ones actually replying and paying. Oh that's right, I can pretty much guess. Have a blast Caramel - Mia! Rofl.
  9. Your post is an example of trying to forcing an opinon on another. Force is not too harsh a word in my book. I think we can end your lengthy posts as my intial reply was to the OP and I do not care to carry on a grammar discussion in this thread with you. No need to explain the dictionaries and meanings of words, I am well aware how a word can be used and the meaning can go outside of the box of the norm. Have a nice time on the forums. Good day.
  10. I am sorry too. You feel one way and I another. Neither one of us put the meanings behind words we use, many dictionaries, many meanings. Still just an opinion. I don't know where you live, but people do force their opinions on others, you do realize that is something people try and do with the words they use and repeated replies. In Rl they do it also physically. It happens on the internet and of course in RL. There are agressive people in the world. I think that it's great the OP took all the replies and came to a comfortable conclusion. I'm good on the use of the words. Thanks.
  11. Advice, opinions, same thing on a public forum. That's my view. You can certainly try and force your opinion or point of view on another. You don't realize that? I would hazard a guess that you, like anyone else has been in a situation like that. Forced, meaning they hung his actions and their -opinions- went back and forth not as a discussion: "I think it's very poor form that you were this blunt about your feelings, going out of your way to tell us how child avi's make you sick. A gentleman would have politely declined and left it at that. Again, to me, the conversation seems entirely innocent, but to an already biased person I can see what it might look like, whether that's the truth or not. What rubs me entirely the wrong way is, that you filed an AR when you have not a single fact at hand. Filing a false AR, or an AR on a whim without solid proof can get YOU punished, did you know that with your eight years of SL experience? Perhaps next time you'll take a step back and not let your feelings cloud your judgment." - "you blew it, that person didnt do anything to be punished, its just sad when sim owners just ban people that agree with their rules and decide to support the sim, just because the owners like the rush of a power trip. thats why many sims dont make it." - "What she did was not rolplaying. Roleplaying is something else entirely. Merely being a child avatar, or furry, or demon or whatsoever in SL does not mean they are roleplaying at all. I myself am a Neko most of the time. Do I roleplay? Within Second Life hardly ever." ^ no one can tell by that text if the child av was rp'ing. I have seen more bad rp in SL where emotes and punctuation is not used. Only the child avi knows if it wwas rp. - " "Over the years, I've found time and time again that the only people who hate or are creeped out/sickened by Child Avis are those who participate deeply in the adult culture of SL and consider everything on SL to be adult - no matter the theme or area they live in/run. To them, since everything has an underlying sexual nature, they can't possible conceive any reason why an Adult like themselves would like to play a child, and their mind immediately goes to "they must be a pedophile". "I guess my issue is a lot of older guys seem to figure if a young girl is talking to them for any reason, she must then be after his junk." ^ That made me laugh. Just because many of us don't care to interact with a child or teen avi, doe not mean is it sriven by a sexual reason - Just a few quotes throughout the thread. My bolded tex to the opnions/advice. I again don't care to interact with a child avie, I believe they have a right to be here as we all do, but they should not be something that others try and force their views on why they are here or how to deal with them. I think Magnus was very courteous as the one poster pointed out after some of the harsh opinions he received. edited for my apologies with typos. I am typing from a phone and it is difficult to see the text once it scrolls.
  12. Hello Magnus, I am a reader not a poster of this forum. I did feel the need to reply to this post, because I feel you have been hung out to dry with many forced personal opinions of others here. It's personal prefernece to ban anyone from a sim they pay for. I don't feel that you are ban happy from the responses you have given after the rude ones you have received. I am a male in my 40's in the United States. I can see that people are not seeing past themselves from all the accusations that you had AR'd the avatar when you didn't. I do not associate with child avatars because I have that choice and I owe no explaination for it. You don't either. I don't know how people can come to the conclusion that the internet is so safe for kids, even with parents over their shoulders. If there is a will there is a way. In the US there is more pedophilia with chat rooms and internet activity then believed. No, the whole world is not bad, but there are more bad apples on the internet searching out children. I have a relative you is task force, their job solely is to get the people (men and women alike) who seek out our children. SL is not all about sex. However it is a social platform where people can be anonymous. That right there is a recipe for caution. I am a father. I am not naive nor am I paranoid. I am logical and some of the responses you got were not very logical but personal. It's what happenes when you post on a public forum. You came for advice and you received both unbiased and forced opinion. I think you did right. You acted upon your own instincts and you are the only person you have to answer to. There are many people on SL that shouldn't be here, RL wise. I don't feel men think that way because we come here to do sexual interactions, we know better. If RP or not, the conversation should have stopped when you said no. Now if you were female I wonder what kind of answers you would have received.
×
×
  • Create New...