Meshes and Max Os X Lion

Laurent Bechir

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have not had any problems whatsoever uploading Mesh with the Linden viewers on Lion. It works perfectly fine on both SecondLife and opensim (where I do a lot of testing). With the Phoenix viewer the story is completely different for more complex meshes...

I don't have any particular issues with uploading mesh/OSX Lion. The recent viewers work fine, except for one language related glitch with the german viewer, but this one is independent from OS.

Which kind of problems does your friend encounter?

@gavin: opensim renders mesh objects??

It sure does. I do a lot of testing and development on mesh on a local opensim. Uploading physics works slightly different in that you only supply the physics file and don't touch any of the other buttons. Rigging works as expected. Of course since opensim does not have land impact, you need to test that on Aditi or Agni to see the impact on your creations.

I'm not sure I can give any useful advice on this. The only thing I can suggest, is to check the normals on the mesh, but I wonder if it is something else not working correctly here.

Two things that may be useful to know is what 3d program is used to make the mesh, and which viewer is used to upload the mesh.

I still do not think this is related to Lion, unless the 3d program has some incompatibility with OS X, so I'm wondering if it is best to open another thread with a more general scope, which may get a few more experts to take a look at the issue.

Just a thought, and sorry I can't be of more help.

- Luc -

Your friend should make sure modifiers are applied before exporting. With the exception of the armature modifier. Also, 'Make real' (I think that's what the button says) has to be pressed. (I'm assuming we're talking rigged mesh here since it is a dress.)

It is also possible to try to export to collada from the latest version of Blender. A SL compatible version of the collada exporter, which supports rigged mesh, has been in place since v. 2.62, I believe.

ETA: I use the latest version of Blender myself, and have not had any issues like the pictures show.

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.