Dealing with subscription payment on market place for web based services

sounds Turner

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

How would you deal with payments on market place for weekly or monthly subscriptions?

There are not many people offering web based services on market place but i see a few,

Are they taking the first month payment over market place then moving them to a rental box for next payments?

There should be a solution for this maybe there is?

I have a subcription with subscribe-o-matic to manage my customer list and with that, I get a notice when my subscription runs out and go to their store to touch a kiosk to pay and renew. It's not a complicated script to write I'm sure, just doing HTTP calls back to a database to get their expire date and if it's past due send a notice and block usage of the product until its paid.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/listing_guidelines#listing-guidelines

Disallowed Actions

• Non-Item Listings......
  • The SL Marketplace is also not to be used for Dispensing catalogs or information regarding a service without actually charging at least 50% of the value of that service.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

is that what you mean?

not 100% sure but it sounds like if you cannot charge 50% in your listing right away because for example you cannot be sure how long the service will be used, then you aren't allowed to list it?

anyone else?

I just looked at marketplace and saw a lot of listings for shoutcast servers - those are subscription type services.  They were listed under the category of services, but since i don't use anything like that, I'm not sure how they bill for and get paid their monthly fees.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.